Friday, 28 September 2012

Day 272

You know when you oversleep, you seem to be playing catch up all day, well that was me until about 3pm today (I finally caught up with everything then!)
I turned the alarm clock off a few too many times this morning and I only then turned the light on, when I heard Robert go back to his bedroom after a trip to the loo! And when I looked at the clock it was already quarter to seven. Oops! Luckily today is guitar day, so I was driving to school anyways, it just now meant that the boys HAD to come with me, and not go on the bus!

We got to school on time, and Richard and I found his ADAC safety vest, now to remember to write his name in it, before he goes out with it on on Monday. After that it was off to work for me. I was busy all morning so it was a good day. At 12 I left and rushed home, Florian had already landed and I still had to do the hoovering. Good job I did go home, cause Florian phoned me - he couldn't find his train ticket, was it in his purse. As I was home I could check, it wasn't so he then had to unpack his suitcase to find it. But he found it and texted me he would be at the station at 2.15pm. Mmh, that was going to be a bit of a rush. First off to school to pick the boys up from guitar. Once there though I first went to chat to Robert's teacher to find out how he was getting on. She was quite pleased with him, but agreed that some of the things that have happened at home this week do point to ADS and that we have to help him cope at school. Its good to have the teacher on your side.
I then rushed to get the boys, one of the girls was still there and she normally leaves to catch the bus 5 minutes before the boys, oops. When she said that her coat was still hanging out by her classroom ("miles" from the guitar lesson room) I offered to take her home to take the pressure off of her. I think the teacher was grateful, she was substituting for the real teacher and hadn't been told that the bus leaves really shortly after the lesson finishes.
We eventually got home (after dropping the young girl off) at 13.40, luckily Florian had texted again that the train was running 10 minutes late. That gave us a few minutes for us to have something to eat. Just a banana and a bit of toast.

We picked Florian up at the station and we were all excited that he was home (still are) then it was back home via a bakers to get some rolls for "lunch" - can you still call it that at 3pm?!

Florian bought some presents home for the boys - T-shirts in the national colours, some sticks that are pencils for Richard and hotwheels for Robert. I tried to get a picture of both boys in their t-shirts but Richard was having none of it. So this is the only picture I got and Robert is happy, he just didn't want to show it!!!

Florian is doing really well fighting his jetlag he is still awake (10.15pm) but when I have finished this, I think it is bedtime!
CU tomorrow!

No comments: