Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Day 255

What a day! I started my day by phoning Robert's teacher as she asked me to, and had the wind knocked out of my sails, when she said that she thought that Robert might have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). Generally speaking it means he is not capable of concentrating for longer and it is classed as an illness. She wants to monitor him for a bit, but then I would have to have him evaluated either by the school psychologist or at the doctors. Some forms of this come from additives in the food, so again, its me and the cookbooks. For the rest of the day I have felt like I am not really with it, its all quite a lot to take on board.

After my English lesson I went shopping and decided maybe some retail therapy might help and picked up a skirt and jumper and some photo frames. Later I am going to get printing some picture for them out and hang on the walls (better do that tomorrow, cause the boys are in bed now!)

I put one of my new cookbooks to good use at lunchtime and made "Chicken with a Lemon Butter Sauce" for us. It was delicious, Richard wasn't too sure about the sauce, but Robert had seconds!

And I know exactly what went into that. Now I have to start religiously documenting what we eat every day and hope that we can eliminate some of our problems!

In the afternoon I monitored Robert's homework closely and he got it all done, he did have to be reminded of his German homework, as he came to me and showed me both Maths and Religion homework, and said he was finished - oops! (This is part of what the teacher means) When he had really finished ALL his homework we went into town as I had forgotten to get my contact lense cleaner in the morning and whilst we were there we went for an(other) ice-cream! Richard didn't have much of his (which is probably good as it is full of milk) - he managed to knock his onto the floor, he broke the dish and even though I managed to salvage quite a bit of ice-cream he wasn't going to eat it!

Back home we played Qwirkle waiting for football training to start. But we had a storm just before training was due to start and it was cancelled. I then let the boys watch one of our new films -"The smurfs"!  Speaking of storms seems that right now it is raining hard again, as I have no picture on TV...grrrr!
I might be watching a film to this evening if this keeps up! Not my day today is it!

CU tomorrow for a better one - I hope!

No comments: