...or day 1 of Richard's new diet!
After my English lesson at Kindergarden I started making my chicken noodle soup for lunch. Not really difficult but I had never done it before. I thoroughly enjoyed the soup, the boys however not so much. I don't think they were impressed at all - oh dear not a good start to his new diet. Dinphy, you asked if it is difficult to keep too, not sure yet, I have a list of do's and don'ts, the dont's include - any type of cabbage, onions, raw vegetables and fruit, the do list I got from the doctor is white bread or toast (but not too much), steamed or boiled vegetables, rice, egg, chicken and ice cream. Not much to go with there, but I have since found quite a good German website with a more comprehensive list (Marie-aari.de) and as to your other question, yes, when it is all balanced out again he should be fine with things (in moderation) again. Fingers crossed.
This afternoon we went shopping and got the toast bread, some rice crackers and some Zwieback (that is like baby's rusk) Richard was quite excited about it all, even the rice crackers, I think they taste like you are chewing cardboard, but as long as he is happy!
When we got back home it was really pouring outside and I let the boys watch a film, they watched "Rio" I saw some of it and it was so cute, it was like watching Mum's bird Elvis get up to mischief! Too cute!
After the film, Richard wanted to do some reading and when he was sat with me and the book, I got a cute picture with my phone.
He has only learnt 5 letters so far (O, L, E, A and M), but a few he knows the sounds of, so off we went sounding out the words, he did really well and was very pleased with himself.
With all the rain we were sure football training would be cancelled, but nope at 5pm we were up at the football field, it was really chilly but dry, so training did happen!
I put the fire on again this evening, I needed warming up again after sitting around watching the football training!
CU tomorrow

2 comments:
I hope you didnt catch a cold like I have up there.I am full of it.
I must say, that's a first I heard of WHITE bread being BETTER for you!
Aw, raw fruit... How's that with juice?
And raw vegetables... Of course I was immediately thinking that would be SO easy with us. ;) But your kids actually like salades! Who could imagine those healthy things aren't good for him?!?
But, I bet he likes that ice cream is on it! :)
I've once tasted rice crackers, and I do agree with you on the cardboard taste (and sometimes texture). But great if he likes it!
Go Richard with the reading!! Looks like a fun book!
Post a Comment