Saturday, 3 September 2011

Day 245

Gorgeous sunny day today! And I got to spend some of it in peace! Yep, I left Florian mowing the lawn with the boys this morning and went into town for a wander around! I was being a tourist, along with many many others this morning and was searching for some nice postcards to send off around the world. It didn't really take me long to find the postcards, so I got to do some window shopping too. (although I did by myself a nice top too!)

When I got home it was already time to get everything ready for lunch, we were barbecuing. I made something new today too, I tried out Gino's (he is a TV cook in Britian, only he is Italian) homemade ketchup! It would have been even better than it was if I had got the measurements right!! Oops! But tomorrow I will add some more tomatoes and then the sweetness should be spread out better. It was so easy to make and I will definitely be making it again!

After lunch Florian still was working in the garden and the boys and I made some pictures for on the wall (tracing and cutting out) I forgot to get a picture, maybe when they are on the wall tomorrow!

We did get a picture of all the apples that the boys and Florian had to pick up off the floor, before they could mow the lawn!
The hunter who lives over the road will be taking them all into the woods for the animals there, as the apple juice factory hasn't opened yet! Hopefully it will open soon, cause our trees are FULL of apples!

After he had finished working in the garden, Florian decided to cool his feet down under the hose, the boys thought it was hilarious and helped him out! Too cute!

This evening we went to the local "Weinfest" (wine festival), we either got the time wrong, or people were just coming later, we were there from 6 - 7pm and I think there were about 10 other people there...I hope it gets busier for them. Still we got our tea there, I had Flammkuchen, that is a very very thin sort of pizza with cream, onions and bacon on it. Delicious!

And now we are going to have a game of Rummikub, whilst watching Ant and Dec!
CU tomorrow

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

my boys like Rummikub, too!

your men were really busy!!

Glad you had time for yourself and could enjoy it