Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Day 262

This morning it was library duty. For one of the first year classes were there for the very first time, and for me it was the very first time introducing them to everything. I was a bit nervous, but I actually enjoyed it! And it was another class full of kids with HUGE eyes when they were finally allowed to choose their own book!

This afternoon Robert and Richard enjoyed one another's company, with Richard in Kindergarden in the afternoons, they actually miss one another. The spent a long while upstairs building Lego. Richard made a garden with a rubbish bin, and Robert made a car with a trailer. I love it, when they show me their Lego!

At 4 o'clock it was time to head to the art school. And Richard was quite excited about it. My friends daughter was joining the boys too, so my friend and I got to have a nice chat whilst waiting for the kids to finish. Sabine actually left early as she had an appointment which overlapped, so I took her daughter home again. All the kids had a great time, this time they got to paint and not only draw and colour in. They each had a huge sheet of paper on the wall and were painting on it! (do I see an easel in our future??) At the end of the lesson I sneaked in and took a couple of pictures with my mobile phone. Here are my two artists!
Richard painted a tomato (the theme of the course is food)

And Robert painted a coloured house with rain (I think, must confirm that with him tomorrow!)
CU tomorrow

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Oh fun! I'll show Lisa the photo's tomorrow, she'll like it!
While Tommie is back in school now, I've got Lisa home sick...
Dry cough and a fever. Doctor says it's some virus like a cold. Well, then without the running nose. ;)

Love the tomato, must be fun to paint such a huge painting!
Also love the house, although I'm missing the food theme there? (Ah, I know, it's colored... Must be a greenhouse!)