Today was all about football, the girls were up quite early for them (9.30am) and so we were well in our time frame for football. Florian went and got rolls for breakfast, and look how Richard had his
a Germany roll as he put it! At about 10.30am Florian's sister phoned to let us know that they were picking the girls up at 11.15am. No problem, we don't have to be at the football game until 11.45am, unfortunately they were late, so I had to run Robert up there and come back and get Richard and Florian before the game started at 12.15. I felt a bit mean throwing everyone out, but Robert really wanted us to watch his game.
Robert's team lost 1:4 (I think, I am probably the world's worst "soccer mom", cause I can never keep up with the score, don't get all depressed if they lose, and would rather read a book than watch, sorry boys!)
AFter the game we all had some lunch, but I was the only one that REALLY REALLY enjoyed it! I had Roulade mit Rotkohl und Klöße - that would be Meat rolled around minced meat with red cabbage and German dumplings. DELICIOUS! The smell had been wafting around and tempting me ever since dropping Robert off at 11.45, so when I finally ate it at 1.15pm it was even better than imagined! (I'm drooling again, just writing about it!)
We left the sports field about 3pm and headed home for a short break before we had to be back there for Richard's game. I really did take my book for this game, but I never got to read it, too busy chatting! Richard's team lost 1:12, but the kids had fun. I think I taught my boys well, they certainly know the olypmic motto " The most important thing it not to win but to take part"! Here is Richard in action!
The weather held well all day, the rain and the thunder started just after we got the boys to bed. And hopefully they will soon fall asleep, even with the rumbling!
CU tomorrow
2 comments:
great action shot and a cute german roll picture.
I like the olympic motto and I also have my book with me while my boys playing soccer ... so we are "two of the world´s worst soccer mums"
;-))
tomorrow school starts again here..
Love the roll, he's so creative!
But only as you let him, 'cause I don't think I'd let mine take three different things on their bread... Maybe I should. :)
I think you learn the boys the BEST thing! I can't believe it when I hear parents are so upset with a kids game score! (hm, you can also leave 'kids' out of that sentence... hehe)
Post a Comment