Day 250 - Sunday
Mum and Dad came to visit us today. As always they came with a full boot (wouldn't be a visit to us, with an empty boot, I am sure!), this time they had a few bikes for us. Turns out though that the bike I bought from my brother for Richard is actually the same size as what we have - oops!
Mum and Dad hadn't met Smiley yet, and she was in cute mode when they got here, so they fell for her too! We did something completely different for lunch though. Richard had a football match in the village at the Village Sports Day. So we all went to watch the game and to have a real German meal "Rouladen mit Knödel und Rotkraut", that would be wrapped beef with German potatoe dumplings and red cabbage. It was DELICIOUS and I can't wait til next year!
Richard's team unfortunately lost 4:1 But I got a happy picture of them all, BEFORE the match! And as this is going on the football teams website, I can post it here no problem!
When we got back home the men all watched Formel 1 and Mum and I went out and did some gardening, the garden out the front looks so much better without the dead lupins! And Mum cut our bushes back too. Thank you for the help Mum!
Day 251 - Monday
The day started off great really. After the boys had gone I sat having breakfast and finished my book. I thought that was a lovely start to the day. Heike came round about 8.30 and brought Neele for me to babysit, whilst she went out. Neele is a little darling Here a not that flattering shot of us, but she had fun whilst we took it!
She had no problem being with me whilst Mummy was gone. At 9.30 we both set off to go shopping (I needed some vouchers from the toy shops for birthdays that Richard was invited to) On the way to the car we were happily giggling at one another (Neele on my arm) when I lost my footing and fell. I fell in slow motion I am sure, and I managed to save Neele from making contact with the floor. But I bruised and grazed my knee, hand and elbow, and twisted my ankle. Neele being Neele took it all in her stride and was soon smiling again, and I actually managed to stand up. I decided that all was as well as could be and we carried on with our journey. I got all I needed and by then Heike was back home, so we went there. My ankle was quite sore, but looking at it at home I thought it didn't look swollen.
So at 1pm after lunch I took Richard back to school for his guitar lesson and hobbled there from the car. And then using the shopping trolley as a crutch I hobbled round Aldi and got the shopping. By the time we got home my ankle was hurting much more and Heike came round to bandage it up for me.
And that was when I took my shoe off and found out that it was actually pretty swollen and very colourful! Oops!
Heike took Robert with her (Richard was already at the first birthday party of the week) and I drove myself to A&E. I got there at 4.15pm and left at 10.15pm it was a LONG wait and evening! Even more so as my ankle got bigger and bigger and sorer and sorer (is that a word!)
When I finally saw the doctor I did get a wheelchair and help getting round, that was good. I tried to get a picture of my foot and the chair, but this was the best I could do!
Heike was my angel, she sorted out both boys and cats and babysat til I got home, and she even organised my return home. Her husband and his Dad came to pick me and the car up from the hospital!
Oh my ankle isn't broken, but I have probably torn the ligaments and nowadays they let that heel on its own and all I will be getting when the swelling has gone down is a support brace thingy. I will have to go to the doctor when the swelling goes down.
Day 252 - Tuesday
I slept surprisingly well and this morning after having rested the foot all night walking was much easier. Still painful, but no where near as bad as last night. And to make sure it stayed that way, I really did as the doctor said, and had my foot up for most of the day! My nurses took it in turns to make sure I stayed sitting down!
And Heike cooked us lunch (which Richard picked up for us). see I told you she was an angel. And when I couldn't get through to my hairdresser to cancel my appointment she took me instead, so I may be in the wars, but at least I am no longer grey!
Richard had another birthday party to go to this afternoon, so it was just me and Robert. And as he was such a help (he fed the chickens, rabbit and cat) helped me unpack the dishwasher and fetched and carried for me. I let him play on the Wii for an hour!
Another friend popped round to see how I was doing too and she will be taking the kids to art school tomorrow for me. I have decided to be a good patient and I won't be driving this week and hopefully that will mean a speedy recovery!
I'll keep you updated!
CU tomorrow!




1 comment:
Wow... you have an awesome supporting group of people around you!
Glad you managed to save the little one from the fall, I bet you would't have slept well if you didn't, right?
Keep up the keeping your foot up!
But if someone demands you walk around, then you have to put your foot down and say you'll keep your foot up, okay? ;-)
Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment