Thursday, 12 September 2013

Day 254

Are you tired of seeing pictures of my foot yet? I hope not, cause I have another one today. The bandage felt a bit tight so I thought I would give my foot a little break and unpacked my ankle. Oops I think it was a lot too tight, when you see how much it was digging in. It took a good hour to look normal again, and I think I now have it on a looser.

This morning I was supposed to be logging in to work from home to work on a translation. I had tried the day before and got as far as I thought I needed to go, but when I went to log on all the way today it wasn't working. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to IT and my department. At one point I told them just to send me the document in an email and I would do that one the old-fashioned way. EDAG obviously thought that that wasn't a good idea, as they phoned me and I had another conference call with IT and my department - this time though they were logged on to my computer. I won't bore you with all the details, but right before we all said goodbye, the solution for them was 1) give Kerri an EDAG laptop to work on from home (by far the best solution or 2) she will have to de-install windows 8 and she can't have two screens - HELLO, this is MY PRIVATE computer they are talking about! I just hope to goodness that they don't bring that up, when I can go into work again, cause I am not sure whether I can keep on my smily happy face then!

Anyhow the end of the story, I did get that translation by email and 20 minutes later they had it back all finished, next time maybe they'll listen to my suggestions in the first place!

Robert was at school all day, and Richard not to be done out of his Thursday playdate, stuck to his routine, even if I wasn't going to sport!
At just after 4pm he came home and got ready for his football game. I had organised him a lift. His team won 3:2, so he was quite excited when he got home.

Robert got home from school at 4.40pm, he came in in tears again, he had been hit on his adam's apple and I bet that hurt. I gave him some Arnica and sent him off to football training. When his teacher later phoned to find out how he was, I felt a bit guilty about it, but when he got in he had had a good time, even though it still hurts. I will wait now until mornign and find out how he is feeling and then it may well be another trip to the doctors for us! AGH! Fingers xed its all forgotten in the morning!

Never boring round here, even if I am stuck at home!
CU tomorrow!

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

For a day of rest... busy enough ey?
Does look like the bandage has indeed been on quite tight. You can see all the lines!

Your work is so annoying.
If it was used in a comedy or such, the writers would be accused of making it too unrealistic!


Best wishes to you, and to poor Robert.
Can't help to feel appalled; What kind of kid hits in the throat!?! Ugh!