Sunday, 1 September 2013

Day 242 and Day 243

Day 242 - Saturday
Florian had a busy morning at sport and the doctors. He has an extra bit of bone growing in his heel, and we have now found a doctor who works Saturdays, so he will be going there for a while to have treatment to his heel. Unfortunately the health insurance doesn't cover this treatment, not sure why as this will be cheaper than an operation, typical!
Whilst he was out, I finished cleaning and started on the washing, then went shopping for our BBQ later in the day.
Our visitors were going to be arriving sometime in the afternoon, but as they were travelling with two canoes on the roof of the car it took them a LOT longer to get here and they weren't here until after 5pm.

We had a lovely BBQ (they brought the meat) and I made the salads.
But I didn't take a single picture! Sorry

The only picture I have from Saturday is one I sent my niece on WhatsApp - these are some of the muffins I made for our picnic tomorrow

Day 243 - Sunday
Up really early this morning to get Robert to his Mini-Marathon. One of our visitors was up nice and early too and joined us. Robert had to be at the stadium at 8am the start of the marathon was at 8.30 and we were on our way home by 9am! Doesn't take him long to run 2.5km!

After the marathon we got rolls and went home for a second breakfast. And then it was time to get to the river for the canoeing adventure!

I spent the day with a good book in some lovely surroundings looking after the picnic and car, whilst the men in my life wore themselves out messing about on the water.
Looks like they were having fun though!


And yes, they had just come from under that VERY low bridge! See!!!

CU tomorrow!

No comments: